- The Library protects all patrons‘ right to privacy, including children, regarding their use of our facilities, services and resources – including the Internet – in accordance with the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Personal information will be collected and used only for the purposes that we identify at the time of collection, or in a manner consistent with those purposes, unless we obtain consent or as required by law.
- We will only store personal information as long as necessary for our purposes. Personal information should be relevant, accurate, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will not share personal information or circulation records with anyone but the patron, and such information will only be used by library staff within the scope of their duties. Personal information about a child will be released only with the written approval from the parent or legal guardian.
- We will not sell or give personal information. The Library will honour a court subpoena requesting release of personal information of a library user.
- We will make information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information readily available to patrons.