Loan Periods & Fines
Cardholders are responsible for the materials that they, or those listed on their account, borrow. Parents/legal guardians are responsible for the accounts of their children.
- Almost all materials in our collection may be checked out for three weeks.
- Certain items, such as reference material, current issues of magazines, and newspapers are meant to be read in the library.
- There are no limits on the number of physical items that resident cardholders can borrow if their account is in good standing.
- Temporary cards may borrow up to 5 items at a time.
- BC OneCard holders may be limited by lending libraries. McBride does not limit its lending to BC OneCard holders.
- Borrowing of digital materials is limited by the database operators.
- If patrons are interested in materials that we do not have in McBride, we will try to source them from other libraries in British Columbia. Inter-library loans follow the Interlibrary Loan Code for British Columbia Libraries and BC Interlibrary Connect Guidelines.
- Renewals: Material may be renewed twice if no other patrons have a hold on it. Inter-library loans may be renewed once. We ask that cardholders consider other patrons when renewing new material.
- Fines: Late fees are $0.05/day up to a maximum of $3/item for all materials. Items that are overdue for one year may be considered lost, and cardholders will become responsible for their cost.
- Lost or damaged items: If an item is lost or damaged the cardholder is responsible for its replacement cost.
- Members use the Library’s materials at their own risk. The Library is not liable for any damages that may occur to non-Library material used in conjunction with Library material.